We will also need an unique attribute for this import, follow How to create, edit, and add attributes in Configuration and Records for instructions on how to create a new attribute in your system (each new wave of imports will need a new attribute).
1. Open Student Billing. Follow How to create, edit, and add attributes in Configuration and Records for instructions on how to create a new attribute in your system.
2. Go to Administration > Import Records.
3. Select Record under the Record Category.
4. Click New Import.
5. Under What do you want to do?, select Create import file.
6. Under What file do you want to create? Select the ellipses and choose the pathing to where you want to save the document.
7. Give the document a name ending with .csv.
8. Under What file do you want to create?, in the Use field select Record ID from the drop down menu.
9. Select the Fields tab.
10. Select your desired fields.
*** Also, we will need a Record ID on the parents' records, either follow the steps in How to create business rules in Student Billing 7 to have the Record IDs created automatically or select the Record ID field and import one (It is possible to use the Hosting ID from onBoard as the Record ID in Student Billing).
12. Open the newly created Parent Import File. (Parent Import Sample File)
13. Enter the desired data in the appropriate columns.
14. Go back into Student Billing > Administration > Import Records > Created Import Parameters.
15. Under What do you want to do? Select Import new records.
16. Mark the option to Validate data only.
17. Click Validate Now.
18. If no exceptions, unmark the option to Validate data only and click Import Now.
With the parents newly imported into the system, we will need to create the student import file.
1. Follow steps 1 - 10 that were used for the Parent Import File.
3. Exit out of Import.
4. Click on the Query Module.
5. Create a new Record Query.
6. In the Criteria tab, select Record > Individual > Individual Attribute > Imported Attribute (The one that was created for the parent import) > Attribute Description (Equal to whichever description you are using to signify that these individuals were imported from this particular batch).
7. Save and close the query.
8. Click on the Export module.
9. Create a new Individual export.
10. Select Comma-Separated Values for the Export format.
11. Click Create Now.
12. In the Filters tab, for the individual filter, change it from All to Selected and select the previously made query.
13. Click on the Output tab.
14. Click Individual > First name, Last name, Record ID.
15. Export the information.
16. Open the Student Import File.
17. Enter the desired data in the appropriate columns.
18. For Relation ID, Payer ID, and Statements Payer ID, use the parent Record ID from the previous export.
19. Go to Administration > Import Records > Open the Student Import Parameters.
20. Under what do you want to do? select Import new records.
21. Mark the option to Validate data only.
22. Click Validate Now.
23. If no exceptions, unmark Validate data only and click Import Now.