The Age field displayed on the Bio1 tab of an individual field is a calculated field based on the entered Birth date value. Therefore, Age is not available as an import field. If a data set only has numeric ages, but not the exact birth date, a calculation can be done in Excel to create a birth date value to import so the Age field will show the desired value. In The Raiser's Edge, Birth date is a fuzzy date field, so a year can be imported as the birth date value to calculate the Age.
Working in Excel with the import data set:
- Insert two blank columns to the right of the age column.
- Click on the empty cell beside the first age.
- Enter the following formula omitting the brackets: =[the current year]-[click on age cell]
- Press Enter.
- Copy/paste or auto-fill the formula for this column beside all the ages.
- Highlight the formula column.
- Right - click and select Copy.
- Highlight the second blank column.
- Right - click and select Paste Values or Paste Special > Values.
- Enter the header name of Bday for this column.
- Delete the first inserted column used for the formulas.
- Proceed with importing birth dates.
Import Age as a constituent attribute:
- Create a constituent attribute for Age with a Number data type.
- Import the Age value as a constituent attribute.