Note : Incorrect changes to registry settings can cause serious system problems that may be irreversible without reinstallation of the operating system. You must back up your registry before making any registry changes. We are not responsible for damage resulting from incorrect use of the Registry Editor.
- On the workstation, edit the registry
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Blackbaud\Raisers Edge\7.0 (64-bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Blackbaud\Raisers Edge\7.0 (32-bit)
- Right-click the InstallSource key and select Modify.
- Change the value to the location of the Deploy folder on the new server (e.g., \\NewServerName\Deploy\)
- Exit the Registry
- Rename or delete any BBUpdate.ini files located in The Raiser's Edge program folder (Default location: C:\Program Files (86)\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\ or C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\)
- Log into The Raiser's Edge and a new BBUpdate.ini file will be recreated with the new server's information