- Course Codes need to be added to the Course Grading Tab in the Standard Code Field. Some schools may have different internal course codes versus the state course codes - if they do then the Course codes will be different then the Standard codes. However, if the Course Codes are the same then reach out to Support to have Data bulk copy them to the Standard Code field.
- Historical grades need to have a Transcript Category selected. The Transcript Category is used organize which courses meet which credit requirements. For example, if the state requires a student to take three Math classes, making sure a Math course is tied to a Math Transcript Category. This will help to show which courses fill the Math requirement.
- A Transcript needs to be created that displays the grades the school needs to submit to the state.
- Once the above information is completed then the Grading Report: Transcripts - Electronic Transfer can be made available to the Grading Manager role or to the user who will be in charge of submitting the information which requires some manual manipulation of the file.
The State of Georgia does require Social Security Numbers (SSN) be submitted in the file as well. The user that will be submitting the file will need to have Special Access set so when they export the file to excel, they will see the SSN Numbers.
When all the information above has been setup, then the user will go to the Grading Report: Transcripts - Electronic Transfer and Run the report. The following filter options will appear:
- School Year
- Grade Level
- Last Name
The user will select the current year, the transcript that contains the correct grades, the grade level as well as last name range and click on Export Data to Excel. Once in Excel, the user will need to make these additional adjustments by hand:
- Save as Windows csv
- Open the file with text edit (not Word)
- Find and replace all "(double quotes) with nothing (i.e no space or anything else)
NOTE: Effective with the March 8, 2017 monthly release, the following steps will no longer be necessary:
- For 12th grade find and replace 12.00 with 12 (do the same for other grades - changes the real number to an integer)
- Find and replace the class size xxx.00 with xxx (same issue as 4)
- Find and replace 19000101 with nothing (this is the graduation date before they have graduated)