Creating a notes section with no character limit.
- Go to a student's record.
- Go to the Notes tab.
- Click New Note.
- Select the note's Type.
- Create the note and Save.
Note: If you need to create a new note Type specific to your department, highlight the Type field and press F7 on your keyboard to create a new table entry. Once this is created, the option will be available in the Type field.
In order to keep the notes confidential, the school will need a member with Admin rights to set up a security group and limit access to the notes type that was created. Only faculty assigned to that group will be able to add, view and edit the notes.
- On the Administration page, click Setup system security.
- Create a new security group or open an existing one.
- In the System Components box, select Registrar's Office or Admission's Office.
- In the Privileges box, select Records and click Options on the action bar.
- Select the appropriate Record Type and, in the Privileges box.
- In the first row mark the View, Add, Edit, and Delete checkboxes to grant or unmark to restrict privileges.
- In the Notes row mark the View, Add, Edit, and Delete checkboxes to grant or unmark to restrict privileges.
- For example to restrict the entire group to only have privileges for Notes only mark the View, Add, and Edit checkboxes in the Notes row.
- In the Miscellaneous Options box, unmark all checkboxes.
- Click OK and then Save and Close.
Note: For the new rights to take effect for the members of an existing user group, the users must log out of the database and then log back in.