Direct Link Resource Boards do not support mailto links at this time. The direct link automatically adds an http ://, which prevents the mailto link from directing properly.
To create a mailto link in a text channel:
- Navigate to Core> Content > Resource Board.
- Select the appropriate Resource Board.
- Edit an existing Post (that is a Detail Page), or create a new Post as a Detail Page. (To create a new Detai Page, Click + Post, Enter the Post Title, select Detail Page, select a Layout, and select the Roles to publish the post to, Click Save & Create Detail Page)
- Drag/drop the Text Element onto your Detail Page.
- In the Dropdown Category click + Create New
- Enter a Description
- Click Save & Close
- Click the Editing Pencil
- Enter the text you want to display,select and highlight the text you want to hyperlink as your mailto link
- Click the Link icon
- Enter the email address in the Link URL as mailto:email address (so for example mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note: Leave the Target field as Not Set.
- Click Insert.
- This will then create your text as a mailto link, which displays the email address in the Users Email Client in a new email