- Verify that the mapped drives are "connected" by opening Windows File Explorer and accessing the mapped drive location.
- The file location must have a mapped drive letter associated with it. Citrix Receiver does not support accessing network drives through a UNC path or server name (i.e. \\fileserver\c$\folder\).
- Once you have verified the drive is connected and accessible, Log out of your program and log back in, which allows Citrix Receiver to access the mapped drive.
- If you are using Citrix Receiver through a Virtual Desktop (i.e. Citrix Desktop or Remote Desktop Services), contact your IT support and provide them with the following Knowledgebase Article: My network drives are not visible when I use a Hosted application through a virtual desktop
- If you do not see a prompt to Permit All Access when launching a Hosted application from a Windows machine, or a prompt to allow Read/Write access when exporting on a Mac, you will need to reinstall Citrix on the affected machine and allow the appropriate access when launching or exporting.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.