If you add a group of users to the form, and are unable to save the recipients, this can indicate that one or more of the User(s) or User Regarding users has a duplicate relationship listed. For example: a student may have a parent listed as both a parent and guardian, or a Parent who is also a Grandparent.
If they have multiple relationships types with the same user, you cannot add the user to the school form without a manual intervention.
The relationships will need to be corrected so that there is only one relationship type between the user and User regarding.
You can create a list of Users Relationships to find out who has a duplicate Relationship such as a Parent also having the Grandparent Role. For example, to create a List of Parents of Incoming Students navigate to:
- Navigate to Lists > Manage Lists.
- Click the Manage basic and advanced lists block under List Actions.
- Category: Constituent Information.
- Click View/Copy next to Parents of Incoming Students.
- Click Display Fields.
- Click Select Fields.
- Expand all the Objects until you see and expand Parent Child Relationship.
- Mark Parent/Child Relationship.Short Description 1.
- Click Select.
- Click Preview.
- Look to see in the Short Description 1 Column to see if someone is listed as Parent and Grandparent or Parent and Guardian, Remove one of the Relationships and then add the User to the School Form. You can add the Relationship back after you add the User to the School Form.
To remove a duplicate relationship, navigate to:
- Core > Settings > User/Access > Profile
- Search for the User, and click into the Users Record
- Within Relationships, click Remove for one of the Duplicated relationships (for example if the Parent is also listed as a Guardian, remove the Guardian Relationship)
- You should then be able to add the user as a recipient to the school form.
- After the User has been added to the School form, you can add the Relationship that was removed from the User.