- If you have multiple (Live) sites in your NetCommunity environment, make sure they are not using the exact same Primary URL.
To verify, do the following:
- Log into NetCommunity as an admistrator
- Go to: Administration > Sites & Settings
- If you have multiple sites listed in the left panel, click on each and review it's Primary Site URL
- If more than one have the same Primary URL and they are live, you will need to change/update one or more of the Primary URLs
- For example append a "/path" to the duplicate Primary site URLs like this: www.YourSiteName.org/archive
- In the example above, "/archive" is the path added to the Primary URL. This can be anything you want it to be.
- Repeat until all sites have a unique Primary site URL.
- If that does not work, the problem is likely related to a recent DNS change in the network. Try the command ipconfig /flushdns from a windows powershell or command line on the NetCommunity web server. This will force the web server to propagate the changes and the site should begin to load correctly.