- For time graphs, when Minimum is set to 0 and Maximum is set to 1 in the Format Axis screen (refer to step 1 for navigation instructions), the Y axis would range from 0:00:00 to 24:00:00.
- The value for 1 hour is 0.0416666 (1 divided by 24).
- The Minimum and Maximum sets the range of values to display on the vertical axis.
- Major unit sets the interval on the vertical axis.
- Minor unit sets the tick marks (defaults to not being viewed).
For this example, we will format the line graph to show even hours (0:00:00, 1:00:00, 2:00:00) as well as showing half hours and quarter hours.
- Click anywhere in the vertical axis to select it. Right-click and select Format Axis.
- In the Axis Options:
- Minimum: Select Fixed and enter 0.
- Maximum: Select Fixed and enter 0.0833332. Because we want the maximum to be 2:00:00, we multiple the hour value, 0.0416666, by 2 to get this value.
- Major unit: Select Fixed and enter 0.0416666 to show only the hours:
Enter 0.0208333 (hour value, 0.0416666, divided by 2) to show half hours:
Enter 0.0104166 (hour value, 0.0416666, divided by 4) to show quarter hours:
- Minor units: In this example, we'll just leave it set to the default. It doesn't impact what is displayed on the vertical axis.
- Click Close to close and save the Format Axis screen.