To change the employee number that shows in the screen when creating a new employee:
1. Go to Division 00 System Administration > System Utilities.
2. Run the following program:
Program: PYL006 .
Business Date Use today's date
Division Select the appropriate division.
3. Select C for change mode.
4. Type 5 for Field to be changed, and press Enter.
5. Change the Last Employee Number to the number prior to the number you would like the next employee number to be.
6. Press Enter, and press F2.
7. Accept changes by pressing Enter. Wait for defaults to be loaded.
8. Type E to End and return to the System Utilities screen.
To change the set up in Payroll to allow you to manually enter the employee number every time you create a new employee:
- From Payroll > Setup > Payroll Parameter type C to Change.
- Type 2 for field to be changed and press Enter.
- Press Enter to move the cursor down to Auto employee field and type N.
- Press Enter and press F2.
- Press Enter to accept the change. Wait for the defaults to be loaded.
- Type E to End.