Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database (BB52243). If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Carefully read all of the instructions listed below before proceeding. If you are new to importing, also refer to How to import - the basics of importing in The Education Edge (BB135422).
- Create a data file (BB87812) or use an existing file.
- Include the following fields in your import data file (for a sample file, which includes all of these fields, refer to step 1 above). The fields in bold italics are required by The Education Edge. The fields in italics are conditionally required. Refer to the notes below the list of fields for additional information. If necessary, include other fields in the data file that are available for this import type.
Class Import ID, Cycle Day**, Start Period/Start Time**, Faculty Record ID**, Room**, Academic Year**
* Although headers are not required in The Education Edge, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Education Edge.
**This indicates that each of these fields will need to be repeated for each meeting needed for the class
***Although Chronological Term is not a required field, it is necessary to map this field for each term, if your class meetings should be created for more than the first term. It is not possible to import meetings for only a second term of a two-term class, so meetings for both terms must be mapped using the Chronological Term field.
3. Import the Data File using the following parameters:
- Import Type: Class
- What do you want to do? Update existing records
- What file do you want to import? Browse to the import file and use Class Import IDs to match records in the import file with existing records
- What is the format of this import file? Delimited Characters separate the fields
File Layout Tab:
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in the Education Edge Field column.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.