- When a student first enrolls- A constituent code can be applied to records if they are processed in Connect RE when they are enrolled or considered incoming students and the school year has not started. The Date From value in Raiser's Edge reflect the date the update to this role type was processed in Connect RE. The Date To value reflects the date the change, or end to the role was processed in Connect RE.
- When the school year starts- A constituent code can be applied to records after the designated school year starts and the record is considered a current student in Core. If the record had a constituent code applied with the above configuration that code would end and this new code would apply. The constituent code will also be added to any other record considered a current student in Core. The Date From value in Raiser's Edge reflect the date the update to this role type was processed in Connect RE. The Date To value reflects the date the change, or end to the role was processed in Connect RE.
- If a student leaves without graduating- A constituent code can be applied to records that are considered Withdrawn or Past Students in Core. Users can configure the Raiser's Edge Date From value by selecting options from the two table entries.
- When a student graduates- A constituent code can be applied to records that graduate or are considered Alumni in Core. Users can configure the Raiser's Edge Date From value by selecting options from the two table entries.
- If the code is removed or does not exist yet in Raiser's Edge the code will be added again every time to qualifying records processed in the integration.
- Configuring constituent codes is not required, users can leave this option blank or remove the setting. If users remove constituent code configuration in Connect RE settings, the update would apply to any new records processed after the change.
- Constituent codes for parents of students may apply or update with multiple start and end dates in Raiser's Edge depending on the number of student relationships and current role status. For example, a parent with multiple student relationships, including relationships with current students and graduated alumni students will appear in Raiser's Edge with both constituent codes and open constituent code dates. The constituent code Date to and Date from appear in Raiser's Edge as dd/mm/yyyy and reflect the date the record was processed from Connect RE.
- The list of constituent codes available in the integration Settings section pull from the Raiser's Edge, Configuration, Tables, Constituent Codes category. Supervisor users can add, edit, or clean up the available options here which will automatically update in Connect RE. The constituent code updates and changes made in Connect RE are triggered from the role change in Core, not changes in the fiscal or school year. Users can navigate to Core, Users/Access, and select the Role Membership link in the constituents profile to verify their current role.
NOTE: Some users report invalid or unexpected constituent codes applied to records processed through the integration. This can occur when Raiser's Edge Business Rules are configured to apply additional student or alumni codes. Navigate to the following to check your Raiser's Edge configuration:
1. Navigate to Configuration and select Business Rules
2. Select Alumni options
3. Note the selection in the 'When entering education information, if 'primary alumni' is checked..."