The IP Payments implementation consists of a testing phase to ensure transactions can be processed successfully before going into production. In order to set this up:
- Complete the IP Payments agreement, found here
- Return the completed form to Blackbaud Support
- Blackbaud Support will then provide a User Acceptance Testing (UAT) form and IPP demonstration credentials.
- Configure the new merchant account for the relevant products (How to change your Blackbaud Payment Service (BBPS) or Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS) password)
- Test the demonstration IP Payments account. Note: We recommend testing all Blackbaud products at this stage.
- Complete and return the UAT form to Blackbaud Support
- Blackbaud Support will then provide encrypted live credentials within 5 business days, along with the Go Live sign-off form
- Contact IP Payments for encryption password (you will be provided contact details)
- Update the merchant details in the respective products (How to change your Blackbaud Payment Service (BBPS) or Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS) password)
- Test the live IP Payments credentials, then check and confirm the transaction is settled the following business day
- Complete and return the Go Live sign-off form
Frequently Asked Questions:
What reports are available via IP Payments?
IP Payments make three reports available; the All Transaction Detail report, the Daily Settlement Reconciliation report and the Dishonoured Direct Debit Transaction report. These reports can be scheduled to be emailed through to an email address of your choice on a Daily, Weekday, Weekly, or Monthly basis.