The field number total can increase quickly when multiples of fields are specified. If you are prompted for a number to export, then the field times the number entered will be the number of fields. For example if Constituent Code is selected, a prompt appears asking how many to export and 3 is entered. That counts as 3 fields towards the 61 field maximum.
To reduce the field total to 61 or less:
- Remove any unneeded selected fields
- Review any fields with a Number to Export option. Make that number as low as possible.
- In Mail, review any numbers selected on the Fields to Include tab (above the selected fields), such as gifts or tributes.
If it's not possible to complete the merge with 61 or fewer fields, consider then:
- Export the data from The Raiser's Edge to a CSV or Excel data file. Use the data in a mail merge template outside of The Raiser's Edge, such as in Word.
- Create a Custom Report in the Reports module.