It is possible to create a smart field to show the number of times a patron has visited, however since we must use a revenue smart field, the smart field will only consider paid or discounted orders in the count. This smart field will not consider orders containing only free items since they are not associated with revenue. We have an idea on the Altru Community to create a total visits smart field. Please add your vote if this is something you'd like to see added as a new feature.
If you'd like to create a smart field to see paid orders, we recommend using the Revenue Application Counts Smart Field as it provides the most flexibility.
To create the smart field:
- Go to Administration > Smart Fields
- Click Add to add a new smart field
- Select the "Constituent revenue application counts" smart field definition and click OK
- On the General Tab, provide a name for your smart field. For example: Number of paid visits.
- On the Parameters Tab, under Value to return, choose Total number of applications
- Under For, select either Constituent Revenue (to consider only the constituent's revenue) OR Household member revenue (to pull information from all of the constituent's household members as well)
- Under Revenue, leave all boxes unchecked.
- Under Application selection, click the magnifying glass to pull up the search screen. On the search screen, click Add. We will be adding a Revenue Application Selection to specify which orders we'd like to include as visits.
- After you click add, select the source view of Revenue Application and click OK.
- You will then see a New Ad-hoc query screen. To consider any ticket order in your count, from the left column, drag Application from the middle column to Include Records Where. Set this to be equal to Admission. For example: Application is equal to Admission
- If you'd like to eliminate refunded items from your count, from the left column, highlight Refunded item. From the middle column, drag Quantity to Include Records Where. Change the operator from Equal to to Blank. For example: Refunded item\Quantity is blank.
- If you'd like to count specific programs in your visit number, (for example: only General Admission), in the left column, highlight the Program Node. From the middle column, drag Program Name or Program record to Include Records Where. Set this to be equal to or one of the program you'd like to include in your count. For example: Program\Program record is equal to General Admission. Note: If you are counting multiple programs and an order contains more than one of the programs in your count, Altru will count each application. For example, if you are filtering on Program\Program record is one of Admission or IMAX Movie, and a single order contains both Admission and IMAX movies, the Smart Field will return a count of 2: one for the admission application and another for the IMAX movie.
- On the Set save options tab, name your selection and click Save and Close.
- (Optional) Under Timeframe, specify a date range for your smart field.
- Click Save
- Once your smart field is saved, to process a value, click Start Process.
- You may also want to consider adding a Job Schedule so that your smart field is always up to date.