2. In the Expense Type column, select the type of expense you want to show for this grant. Expense types are created in Configuration. (This can also be created on the fly by typing in the new Expense Type and responding Yes to the prompt asking if you would like to add it to the Configuration, Expenses type table)
3. In the Reimbursable Percentage Rate column, enter the percentage of expense that can be reimbursed with the grant.
4. In the Request reimbursement using these product and billing items frame, you can add the products and billing items used to bill the grantor for incurred grant expenses, plus any billing restrictions. These billing items are not required on the grant record, however, you must create billing items in Accounts Receivable to create AR charges for GL transactions.
5. Click GL Distribution to access the revenue distribution for the billing item.
6. In the Interfund field, select a valid interfund entry to balance the accounts. Interfund entries are defined in Configuration.
7. In the CR Account Number and DR Account Number fields, enter the debit and credit accounts for the distribution.
8. In the Percent column, enter a percentage for the distribution.
9. To edit the project, class, and transaction codes for the distribution, click Distribution, and select “DR Distribution” or “CR Distribution”.
- If you want the billing item distribution to use the same set of projects, classes, and transaction codes as the expenses that will be reimbursed with this billing item, select “Use the transaction distribution from the expense to be reimbursed”.
- If you want to set a different transaction distribution for the billing item revenue distribution, select “Always use this transaction distribution,” to enable the transaction distribution grid.
13. In the Category field, select a category for the account codes. The Category field is disabled if you choose “Selected accounts using advanced filters”.
14. Click Save and Close on the toolbar to return to the Grants page.
For more detail, including the General ledger> Records user guide with screen shots, see: What is the Reimbursement tab on a Grant record?