2. Select the activity tab
3. Double click on the depreciation transaction to open it
4. Select the gl distribution tab
5. Edit the accounts as needed
6. Save and close the depreciation
7. Repeat for any others that are incorrect
If the depreciation has already posted:
- In Fixed Assets, go to Records, Assets.
- Open the Asset in question.
- Go to the Activity tab, and open the period depreciation transaction.
- From the menu bar for the specific Period depreciation Select Transaction>New Adjustment...
- On the New Distribution tab, enter the new account distributions. The total of all distributions must equal the new transaction amount.
- The Previous GL Distribution tab displays the transaction’s original amount and General Ledger Distribution. This information cannot be edited.
- Click Save and Close to record the adjustment.
- Repeat steps 3-7 for each additional period depreciation transaction you would like to change.
- Click Save and Close on the Asset.