- Text: if we select this Data Type, the field will accept any combination of numbers, letters, and symbols.For example, we would select Text when we are creating a User Defined Field for Job Title.
- Date (mm/dd/yyyy): this Data Type will only accept dates in mm/dd/yyyy (for North American locales) and dd/mm/yyyy (for European locales). For example, we would select Date to track dates of birth or anniversaries.
- Month, Day (mm/dd): this Data Type functions very similarly to the Date option, but we would use this field when capturing the year is not necessary. For example, if we just want to track a birthday without the year, we would use this option.
- Number: this Data Type will accept any decimal or whole number, which can be positive or negative. We might use this field to track the number of tickets someone is purchasing for an event.
- Currency: this Data Type will accept currency amounts and display the dollar sign (or the monetary symbol assigned to your Default Currency). For example, we could use this Data Type to record the requested amount of money in a grant proposal.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.