For example, let us assume your foundation is a calendar year foundation ( December year end).
Assume it is now April and you have reconciled January thru March statements.
- If all of the transactions that existed on December 31st have been cleared, then you only need to run the transaction history listing.
- If some of the transactions have cleared, but a few are still outstanding ( perhaps the pool is a checking account), then you will need to run both the transaction entry AND the transaction history listing to get all the outstanding items.
- If you haven't processed the January cycle yet, then you can use just the transaction entry listing.
To run the report(s):
Select Reports > FACTS > Transaction History Listing or Transaction Entry Listing
- Pool ID - enter ID in Selections
- Trans Date - enter range of dates that you believe were in transit at the end of the month in question (December 31 if you are using a calendar year) This might be a January thru December 31st range. Essentially you are capturing all of the transactions that might have been outstanding as of your cut-off date.
- Confirm Date - enter range of dates from January 1 (or beginning of new fiscal year) through present or the day after the cut-off date through today
- Run Report
You have the option of sorting by any of the selections you've made.