- Open the Grade Book
- Click the Edit Setup button at the top of the Grade Book
- Change the Calculation Method to “Total Points with Weight"
- Click Save and Close
- Click Add Assignment to create a new assignment
- Double check that ONE of your homework assignments (either this new one or a previous one) is set to “add to cumulative grade” in the assignment’s settings
- Save the assignment
- Enter a grade for that new homework assignment
Any previous homework ("HW") assignments (entered in the non-weighted “homework” category) should now be visible from the parent/student perspective along with the new one.
Please note that for your unweighted homework assignments to continue to display, a homework assignment entered AFTER you made the Grade Book change needs to remain in your Grade Book with a grade entered for each student. So, if you add a “sample” assignment (and grade) to get the ungraded HW category to show for parents/students, you need to leave it in your Grade Book - at least until you enter another HW grade.