- Create an Excel document that includes Profile ID, current address data fields, and new address data fields.
- Save the document as a csv (comma delimited) text file.
- Open the utility and select your text file for import.
- Select the rows from your file you wish to import.
- Select the columns in your file that contain the old and new information.
- Click OK
- A report will appear detailing the changes you are about to make and include any errors in matching the current data between FIMS and you import document.
- When you are ready to proceed, select Commit Changes.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Be careful and test first! This is a change to many profiles in FIMS. You can not reverse this change so be sure you are making the right change first. Test your process in your Test and Learn Database and confirm it turns out as you wish it to.
- Blank entries will overwrite data in FIMS! Be sure all of the records you import have data in the 'New' columns. If left blank then after the import that field will also be blank, removing any data that was there previously. The check box dealing with blank fields does not work.
- There is a bug where Address fields with commas will return false errors when FIMS confirms the current data before import. This bug was corrected in July 2016 and was the fix was included in 14.4.