At this time there is not a way to relay a message that contains exactly what the parent's username is to them.
The username generator also does not notify users (Candidates and/or Parents) of their password, so the user will still need to access the "Forgot Login or First Time Logging In" link that appears at the bottom of your login screen.
To get username and password information to Parents of Candidates, you will want to send a message to those Parent of Candidates along the lines of:
"You have had an account created on your behalf. Please go to [Insert School Login URL] and click on "Forgot Login or First Time Logging In?", type in the email this message was sent to, and request both your password and a username. Expect two emails to reach you - one containing your username and another containing a link to establish a password. All of this is so you may log into your account to view information pertinent to Saint Edward's School admission process."For Candidates:
This is possible to do this using official notes.
First, you will need to create an official note template using the following steps:
- Navigate to Enrollment Management > Communication > Official Notes.
- Enter a Template Name.
- Compose the body of the message that will appear in the official note, using the Username placeholder.
- Click Save & Close.
Next, you can attach this template to a note type, using the following steps:
- On the same page, click the edit pencil next to the appropriate note type.
- Note types control who is notified when an official note is assigned to a child's profile. Select a note type which has the Email Parent checkbox marked.
- Click on the name of your template to attach it to this note type.
- Click Save & Close.
Next, you can set up the outgoing email notification that will be sent to the Candidate, using the following steps:
- From the same page, click E-mail Notifications next to the Outgoing E-Mail note type.
- Click Edit next to the Send onBoard Official Notes Email notification.
- Enter the appropriate From Name - this is the name that parents will see as the sender of the email.
- Enter the Subject that will appear on this email. You can use placeholders in the subject.
- Enter the Body of the email. If you add the [author comment] placeholder, it will include the entire text of the official note in the email, including the username.
- Click Save & Exit.
Finally, you can assign these official note to the individual Candidates using the following steps:
- Create a list Candidates that will be receiving their usernames.
- Navigate to Enrollment Management > People Finder.
- Search for one of the students or candidates and click on their name.
- Click Compose Official Note.
- Paste the names of all of the children into the Candidate(s) field. The system will create a separate email for each parent.
- Select the appropriate Type, such as Outgoing E-Mail, from the dropdown.
- Select the appropriate Template, which you created above, from the next dropdown.
- Click Send.