Before processing, make sure that you can see Authorization Code (for approvals) and Rejection Code (for declines) in Batch:
- Open the batch
- Go to Tools > Edit batch set-up > Fields tab
- Move Authorization from the left list to the right list
- Move Rejection from the left list to the right list
- Optionally, use the up and down arrows on the right list to change the location of the Authorization and Rejection columns
- Click Data Entry to return to the batch
Then after charging credit cards in batch, review the settings in Batch on how to handle rejections:
- Open the batch that you have been working on
- Go to Tools > Validate or select the Validate icon in the menu bar
- On the "Validate Gift Batch" window, towards the bottom you will see a section on checking credit card authorization codes
- To not commit gifts that have a rejection code, select the following:
- Mark "Check credit card authorization codes on credit card gifts"
- Under "If a credit card payment with a declined authorization code is found:" mark "Create an exception (do not commit the gift)"
- Select Validate Now and the report will show you your exceptions
- Proceed to commit the batch. At the commit, be sure to select option to Validate the batch (to use settings in steps 2 through 4). Optionally, mark the option to Create an exception batch so the declines will move to a new batch so you can continue to work with them there.