- Download the zip file from our FTP site
- Save the files onto a workstation where The Raiser's Edge is installed. This file contains a summary report and an import file.
- Unzip the files to a location on your workstation there will be three files that you need
The First Import is a New Constituent Attribute Import.
- In Configuration, click Attributes
- Create a new constituent attribute
- Enter the attribute description of EmployerFinder
- For the data type choose text
- Import the attributes to the constituent records:
In Administration, click Import Records and create a new Constituent Attribute import.
- On the General tab, select Import New Records.
Note: Mark the Validate Data Only checkbox to validate the import before committing to ensure there are not any issues.
- Browse out to the location of the unzipped import file in the What file to you wish to import? field. Choose the File called EmployerFinder
- Leave the File Layout tab set to the defaults.
- On the Fields tab, ensure all fields are mapped (For each Field to import there should be a corresponding Raiser's Edge field).
- Leave the Summary Tab Blank as you should just be validating the import. Click Validate now. If there are no exceptions, go back to the general tab and uncheck the box 'Validate Data Only'. Then continue to step 11
- On the Summary tab, mark the Create exception file of records not updated/imported checkbox and name the file C:\Exceptions.txt and mark the Create control report checkbox and select Preview.
- Click Import Now to import the custom append information.
The Second Import is creating the Organization records with their Matching gift information.
How to import MatchFinder results
The Final Import is a Organizational Relationship import. This links the constituent to their Employers record.
How to import the Relationship link file for EmployerFinder and MatchFinder