- Click Start, Programs, Microsoft Retail Management System, and select Configure Microsoft OPOS Service Objects
- Select Line Display as the Device type and click New
- Assign an OPOS device name (Example: pole) and click OK
Note: The device name should be a basic one word descriptor for the device. Example: pole, printer, drawer, or msr.
- In the next window, set the Device ID to PD2000
- Enter the manufacturer's recommended settings for baud rate, stop bits, parity, etc.
Note: These directions are for a serial pole display. You will not need to enter an Aloha code.
- Click OK to commit the settings.
- Click TEST, and then view the Pole Display screen to get an indication that the pole display tests successfully.
- Once you receive a message indicating your pole display has tested successfully, start Store Operations Manager.
- Select Database, Registers, Register List, click Properties for the Register you are using, and select the Pole Display tab
- Insert the OPOS device name
Note: Ensure that you have a Pole Display Message assigned in the Pole Display tab.
- Re-start Store Operations POS to activate your pole display