- In School Store Manager, select File, Configuration from the menu bar.
- Select the Options tab.
- In Item Options, mark the Display Out of Stock checkbox.
Note: If this option is marked, a warning message appears when the cashier attempts to sell more than the current quantity of an item in stock. If this checkbox is not marked, the program will tender the item as a sale even if there is no available inventory and it will display on aging reports.
- Restart Point of Sale for the changes to take effect.
- Tender a sale A prompt appears.
- Select Backorder. By selecting Backorder, the record will not show on the Aging Report, the sale will not be recorded, and the inventory will not be affected until the until the backordered item comes in and the backorder is recalled.