To transfer funds, create a new voucher with a different serial number and then use the applicable tender type (i.e. Voucher, Gift Card, etc.) to transfer the credit and tender the sale. The user must know the voucher/serial number of the voucher that was misplaced or lost.
To transfer the balance to a new voucher:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + F3 to look up or confirm the voucher's balance. The Voucher Details window appears.
- To see the old voucher's balance, enter the number (serial number) of the voucher that was misplaced or lost. Press Enter or click Find.
Note: Write down both the amount and voucher number because they will need to be entered in a later step.
- Press Enter to return to the Transaction screen.
- Ring up the new voucher that will replace the old/existing voucher. If it is not known, press F2, select the applicable voucher item, and then press Enter.
- Set this voucher's price equal to the balance of the old voucher. For example, if the old voucher's balance was $25.00, you should enter $25.00 in the Price field for the new voucher.
- Enter the new voucher/serial number for the voucher item that was just rang up, or press Alt-L to look up the applicable voucher number. The Serial Number window contains all the voucher numbers that have not yet been sold.
- Press F12 to display the Tender window.
- In the applicable tender type field (i.e., Voucher, Gift Card), enter the voucher credit/amount that will be transferred to the voucher just rang up on the transaction screen and press Enter.
- When the Voucher Verification window appears, enter the associated serial number of the OLD/EXISTING voucher - the voucher that was lost and will no longer be valid. Press Enter.