In order to display pictures or embed 3rd-party tools in CRM, HTML can be used. For example, if you have a Tableau report with HTML embed code, you can embed it on a CRM Page. Or, if you'd like CRM to display an entire page from another website, such as a partner's homepage, click here to learn how to display an external web page in CRM.
Use the Web Dashboard to display HTML code, and then display the Dashboard on a CRM page.
1) Go to CRM > Analysis > Web Dashboard. You will need access to Web Dashboard.
2) Make a new page by clicking Folder Options > "Add New Page". This will add a new page to your main folder. If you'd like, you can create sub-folders folders first.
3) On the "Add new Page" screen, add your page name, page title, a description, and keep both "Context Record Type" and "Default Search List" blank. Click Save.
4) Your new Page appears. Click "Page Options", then "Edit Shared Version of this page".
5) Click "Add Dashboard Item", then select "Embedded web content parts" from the list of catalogs. Select "Embedded Web Content" to add HTML, or "Embedded Web Page" to embed a Web Page. Then click Add.
6) The "Web Content" screen appears. Write or paste your HTML here, in the "HTML Content" area. You may embed Tableau reports, youtube videos, pictures, or display different font colors. Click Apply.
7) Click "Exit edit mode" on the right-hand side. Under "blackbaud Dashboard", you'll see the name of your page. Right-click it and copy its URL (it must end in .aspx).
8) Now decide if you want this HTML to display on an existing Page, or a new Page. If you are using an existing Page, turn on Page Designer, go to the existing Page, and click "Edit Tabs". Then skip to Step 9. To create a new CRM Page: Go to CRM > Administration > Application > Shell Design > "Pages" tab. Click +Add. Give it a name and description. Set "HideExplorerBar" to False, "AutoGenerateKpiActions" to False, and keep "RecordType" blank. Click "..." next to Tabs.
9) On the Page Tabs screen, click +Add. Create a new Tab with "Visible" set to True, and then click "..." next to "Sections".
10) Click +Add on the "Sections" screen. Use the following settings, and set URL to the link from Step 7. Caption = Dashboard section
HideCaption = False
Visible = True
SectionType = WebPage
SectionDisplayStyle = Block
Collapsed = False
HideRefresh = False
Context Type = PageContext
Url = URL of your Dashboard that you copied earlier, which ends in .aspx
IsScrollable = True
AllowNavigation = True
AllowWebBrowserDrop = True
ContextMenuEnabled = True
ProvideCredentialsFromLogin = False
ScriptErrorsSuppressed = False
ScrollBarsEnabled = True
UseHttpGetAndLoadManually = False
ShortcutsEnabled = True
11) You now have a page that displays your Web Dashboard, which contains the HTML you want to display! Next, use Shell Design to create a Task to display your new Page (set ActionType to "ShowPage", and ContextType to "None"). You can also create an optional new Functional Area to display on top of CRM.