Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.
1. Go to Admin > Import, and in the Constituent list, open a new or existing Ratings import.
2. On the General tab, for "What do you want to do?", select Import new records or Update existing records.
3. Set up the spreadsheet to import new Ratings or update existing Ratings onto any Constituent record that has an existing Rating with a blank Category, and select the spreadsheet on the General tab of the Import.
4. Go to the Fields tab and ensure that The Raiser's Edge fields column matches the Fields to import column.
5. On the General tab, mark Validate data only, or leave that box unmarked.
6. Then, click the button at the bottom right that says either Validate Now or Import Now.
7. The error is received (Required field missing: Category), and the import does not occur.