This behavior is due to the information that auto-populates on the gift record when you apply a gift as a payment toward a Recurring Gift/Pledge/MG Pledge.
The Reference field does not auto-populate in the pay-cash gift types.
Because of this, when a user commits the batch, the exception "Required field missing: Reference" is generated and only the Recurring Gift commits; because the Recurring Gift Pay-Cash gift is not auto-populated with the value of the Reference field in the linked Recurring Gift.
This generates an exception batch.
The exception batch generates with the gift rows that generated exceptions.
The batch row that generated the exception was populated with the Recurring Gift record and a linked payment toward the Recurring Gift, so the exception batch appears with the gift type Recurring Gift with the payment linked to the gift.
If we commit the exception batch after removing the requirement for the Reference field on gift records, we're re-committing the Recurring Gift with the payment toward the Recurring Gift.
Steps to Duplicate
- In the Raiser's Edge, navigate to Config > Fields > Gifts
- Mark Reference as a Required Field
- Create a Recurring Gift in Luminate Online
- Open the Luminate Online Plugin in Raiser's Edge
- Open Gifts and Registrations
- Process the Recurring Gift transaction into Batch
- Open the Gift Batch in The Raiser's Edge
- Populate a Reference in the Recurring Gift line
- Validate the Batch before committing
- No Batch Exceptions are found
- Commit Now
- Exception appears
- Select Exception Report
- Receive error " Error processing report: Can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed" (Note: If committing the Batch outside of the plugin, this error does not populate and you see the Required field missing: Reference on the Exception Report)
- Click OK
- Open Constituent Record
- Select Gift Tab
- Recurring Gift appears on the Record, but the Recurring Gift Pay-Cash is not present