So the steps to follow would be:
- Create a new affiliation code to assign to the incoming profiles
- Run the Add affiliation from exported file utility from Profiles > File Maintenance
- Run your favorite process that provides you with the Create Contact option. i.e. Export to Word Processing
If you have a spreadsheet with the idcodes, then make sure the first column ( or only column) contains the idcodes with the column label as idcode. You must save the file as a tab-delimited .txt file NOT a .csv file.
If you run into errors, review I'm getting errors trying to add affiliation codes to profiles from a file using the add affiliation tool for a more detailed explanation of file set-up.
Once you have the affiliation assigned you can use various FIMS reports to create contacts. Here are a few:
- Run the Profile > Reports > Address listing with labels and email report and choose the create contact menu item
- Export to Word Processing
- User defined Export to Word Processing
- Create a datagrid holding just these profiles and create contacts using the Processes cogwheel > Create Contact option