- Click Merchandise > Merchandise Search
- Search for your inventory item
- Select the dropdown arrow underneath the product SKU
- Click Change Inventory
- Mark the box to Adjust quantity, enter a negative value to reduce the inventory count to zero, add a custom Reason, and save this change
- Select Change inventory again, mark the box to Add inventory shipment, choose the correct cost, vendor and quantity and save
The vendor detail field that is edited under the Tasks menu for the merchandise, is used for a recent vendor that your organization used but isn't the main vendor and may not be the vendor you use again in the future. This can also come into play if your organization uses multiple vendors for a particular item, the individual vendors would be listed under each inventory item.
Thus, if there is a vendor listed under the Change Inventory section then that is what is used for the Inventory report. If this field is blank, then the vendor specified in the vendor detail field is used instead.