Verify that the slowness or delays are being caused by general connectivity by checking the following:
- Log into GIFTS Online as another user on the affected workstation and test a task or activity to see if you have experience similar delays or slowness. If you do not experience the issue, the problem is likely to be associated with one specific user. Have the user test the application from another computer to verify this.
- Log into GIFTS Online and the Hosted application from another workstation and test again. If you do not experience the issue, the problem is specific to one computer. Contact your IT support to test the connectivity on the computer.
- Log into GIFTS Online from another network (home or other location with high-speed internet) and test from there. If you do not experience the issue, then the problem is only occurring on a specific network. Contact your IT support or network support to have them test the Internet connection from that network.
- Ensure proper ports and URL exceptions have been made in any network firewalls, proxies, or web filters that are installed on your computer network. This is to ensure that the connection is not hampered by network security programs or settings. You may need to contact your IT support or network support for assistance with this.
- Open a browser and go to https://www.speedtest.net in your web browser and perform a speed test.
- Take a screenshot of the results to record the results.
- If the cause has not been identified, check the MicroEdge GIFTS Online Hosting status blog at https://community.blackbaud.com/blogs/48 or if you need further assistance please contact us at 877-704-3343 Press 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.