Step 1: To begin the import, you will need to confirm that you have all of the needed fields in your Batch Template
- Go to Administration > Batch Entry > Batch Templates > Constituent Update batch
- Click the Double Green arrows next to the template name and click Edit
- Click on the second tab, Select Fields and Defaults
- Ensure that Addresses and emails is included in the selected fields. If not, drag these fields from Available Field Options.
- Click save
Step 2: Populate your import file and save as a CSV
Step 3: Complete your import process using the following steps
- Go to Administration > Import
- Click Add to add a new Import Process.
- When prompted to select a batch template, expand Constituent and choose Constituent Update batch
- Next, you will name your Import Process (for example: Do Not Mail Email Update Import) and add a description if desired.
- Under Batch Owner, choose the username who will be responsible for committing the batch.
- Click the button “Choose from local file” and browse to the .csv file that we saved in Part 1.
- Click Next.
- Under, Map fields, map the columns in your .csv file to fields in Altru. .
- When all fields are mapped, click Next.
- Under Set options, go to the Other Tab. Under Search List Fields, if you're using the System Record IDs for the address and constituent leave this at "ID." If you're not using the System Record IDs, change to "Quick find."
- Click Save to save your import process.
- To run the import, highlight the import and click “Start Import”
- Running the import creates a Batch.
- Click "Go to Batch Entry" or click the hyperlinked number of the batch created from the import process.
- Review the batch to ensure that everything was mapped and imported properly.
- Review the rows with the Message - "Import Error: (Dismiss): No Results for field "Constituent" using search list "Constituent Search by Name or Lookup ID" were found.
- If the address and email address have matched to the correct constituent in Altru, Click Dismiss
- Once you have reviewed your batch, save and close your batch.
- Go to Administration > Batch Entry and click on Commit and check the commit process parameters.
- Once the batch is successfully committed, you will see the updated information on the constituent record