For this example assume the following:
The available to spend balance is held in account 33000 and is a Q3 fund balance.
Transfer account for a T2 entry is 38000 and for T3 is 39000.
To create entries:
- Go to General Ledger > Journal Entry tab > Automatic Entries
- Select Allocation and Entries and Run the process
- Change the year to the year with the balance you want removed. Assume 2016 for this example.
- In the Apply date box change the date to the date you are posting the resulting journals. In a calendar year foundation this would typically be either 12-31 or 1-1.
- In the next section leave the top line empty and choose Fund Balance 3 ( per our example) in the Base allocations on fund balance drop-down
- Percentage to allocate is 100%
- Debit Account is 39000
- Credit Account is 38000
- Click on Fund Selections and choose the fund class code associated with funds OR the policy code range.
- Click OK. Note your selections on the next screen and click Run report.
- Review the report and if the amounts and GL accounts are correct, click the menu item Create GL Entries.
- Fill out the information making sure the apply date is correct and create.
- You can run the Edit and Post GL Entries or just create them and review them again before posting.