- Scheduled reports are only valid for up to a year. You may need to change the Valid From dates in the scheduler. For instructions on that, please see How to re-enable an expired scheduled report in eTapestry
- After a report has reached its Valid From date it will automatically get marked as Disabled. Make sure you uncheck this, because even if you change the Valid From dates, if it's marked as Disabled it will not run.
- Scheduled reports will only run if the user that created them is still enabled in the database. If a previous employee set up a scheduled report and their user has been disabled or deleted, the report will not run. This will happen even if you are signed up to receive the report via email. In order to get the report going again, you will need to delete the old scheduled report and create a new one. For instructions on that, please see our help documentation.
- If your delivery option is email and the report is too large, your email provider may block it due to the size. Check with your email administrator to see if that is the case. If you find that your email inbox consistently will not accept your emailed report, please try setting up the report to send to your Drop Box instead. You can do this by removing all emails from that report's scheduling page.
- If you delete a query that a report is scheduled to use, then the report will not generate, and you will receive an email stating why your report could not run.
- The Report Scheduler will cycle through all databases one time to allow each organization at least one report to be run. If you schedule multiple reports to be run on the same day, the scheduler will generate the report with the highest priority first, then if time permits your subsequent reports will be generated. Tuesday tends to be the day of the week with the greatest number of reports scheduled, and therefore the highest chance that not all reports will be able to run in the scheduled time frame. To avoid this issue, we recommend scheduling your reports on days other than Tuesdays, and also scheduling reports to run on different days rather than running them all on the same day.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.