The Proposal Security by Purpose feature in a security group can limit the ability of a group to access proposal records based on the purpose for which the proposals are targeted. For example, you may have a purpose of “Major Gift” for which you want to limit access. If you deny access to proposals with a purpose of Major Gift, these proposals do not appear on reports, queries, or data entry records for a security group.
- In Administration, click Security.
- Open the appropriate Security Group.
- In the Group Privileges frame, mark the Proposal Security by Purpose checkbox.
- Click Options.
- Select the appropriate option for each Proposal Purpose:
- When Cannot View is marked, the user has no rights to the Proposal Purpose.
- When Cannot Edit is marked, the user can view the Proposal Purpose but cannot make changes.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Click Save and Close. If any users are logged in when this save and close occurs, ask them to exit and sign out and then log back in for the updated security settings to take effect.