- Go to General Ledger > Journal Entry supertab > Automatic Entries tab and run the Allocation and Entries routine.
- For selections choose period 00 through the ending period desired - typically 12
- In Base allocations on field choose Periods Selected.
- In Base allocations on the Fund balance choose the Fund Balance with the unspent amounts - for most foundations this is the 3rd balance.
- In the Percentage to allocate enter 100%.
- For a typical 3 fund balance situation, enter a T3 account as the Debit and the T2 as the Credit. These would most likely be the same accounts you use when posting your spending policy
- Click OK, then on the Fund Selection Screen choose something to filter this to be just the correct funds- perhaps fund class, and then click Run Report.
- Examine the report for accuracy, then click Create G/L Entries at the top of the viewer, fill out the journal template and click OK. Double check that the debits and credits are correct.
- Run the Edit and Post procedure for the entries.
Run a Reports > General Ledger > Fund Balance report for the same filter and make sure the 3rd balance is now $0