Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
1. In The Raiser's Edge, click Admin, Globally Delete Records
2. Select the record type of Constituent Appeals
3. Click Include and select 'All Constituent Appeals'
4. Click 'Delete Records' under 'What do you want to do?'
5. Click Next to proceed to 'Delete Options'
6. Select the appropriate appeal in the Appeal ID field
7. Click Delete Now
8. This should find 0 records.
9. Close the Global Delete
10. Click Admin, Globally Change Records
11. Highlight the Gift subcategory on the left and click on New Change.
12. Click Include, All gifts
13. In the 'Show' field, select Gifts
14. Select Appeal Id
15. Change the Operation to Delete and select the appropriate Appeal ID in the Delete field
16. Click Change Now
This should change 0 records, and will take a few minutes to process. However, after completing this process, you should now be able to delete the appeal record.