In order to find out why the data is not synching, we will need to find out which piece is not working or if both are not working.
1. Check to see if your upload ran successfully by logging into Donor Central and checking the status and the last date and time when data was uploaded from FIMS into Donor Central.
- In DC NXT this is located in Control Panel > Monitoring. Note, in DC NXT you will not get an email as to whether or not the upload was successful.
- In older versions of Donor Central this is located in the Admin Portal.
2. How to run a manual sync from FIMS to Donor Central. Before proceeding make sure that the FIMS user has the DC download directory set in User Preferences\DonorCentral_Download_Directory. It should be N:\found\eadvisor:
- Run a manual upload by going to Tools\System Utilities\Donor Central\Donor Central Export
- Check the boxes for Export Data and Upload to Donor Central:
- After the process completes, check Donor Central per the instructions above in step 1 to see if the upload took place, if it did not check the following locations on the server to see if there is data:
npo\found\eAdvisor\FTP- This is the 2nd part of the upload process. This is the FTP log that will document whether or not the files were actually uploaded into Donor Central. Look for the latest log file and open it to see
the results. It will be named in this format: DC_Transfer_2010_11_29.log where the date is the date where the FTP process ran. If the task was successful it will say DC Transfer Complete at the end of the log and there
should be no errors. Note that it usually takes about 90 minutes for data to be seen on the Donor Central site.
3. To resolve the issue with the scheduled task not uploading to Donor Central, do the following in Task Scheduler on the server: Note that the Windows task is NOT setup from within FIMS:
- Check the Windows account that is being used to run the scheduled task. Did the password change? Does the Windows account have the proper permissions to run the task? What happens if you try another Windows account?
- Check the history of the scheduled task on the server and see if it ran successfully or if there were errors when it ran. You can also run the scheduled task on demand and see if it produces results as noted above in the History and FTP folders.
- Edit the bat file located in \npo\found\eAdvisor named 'eAdv-export.bat' (which is what the scheduled Donor Central Upload task uses) and make sure that there is no back slash before gui. It should be -p gui, not -p \gui as below:
- Check the found.lg file located in \found\dbfiles\found.lg to see if it connected to the database or if it did connect but no user logged in then it disconnected.
- Look at System Users Report under Tools | System Utilities | System Reports. See if the password for FIMSInternal has changed. You can reset the password for the FIMSInternal user by doing the following:
After doing this try running the .bat file again and check the found.lg file to see if the userid is FIMSInternal.
- Try running the .bat file from the command prompt to see if it will run
- Verify that you are using the most current version of FIMS.
- See if there are any custom files in custom\gui\eadvisor files