1. Run the process manually from FIMS
2. Set up a scheduled task on the server to run daily
You can check to see if your upload ran successfully by logging into Donor Central and checking the status:
1. DC NXT this is located in Control Panel > Monitoring. Note, in DC NXT you will not get an email as to whether or not the upload was successful.
2. In older versions of Donor Central this is located in the Admin Portal.
If you find that the DC upload process did not take place, you can do the following:
NOTE: If you are hosted on HostNet, call FIMS support.
1. Run a manual upload by going to Tools\System Utilities\Donor Central\Donor Central Export
- Check the boxes for Export Data and Upload to Donor Central:
- After the process completes, check Donor Central per the instructions above to see if the upload took place, if it did not, and if you are self-hosted check the following locations on the server to see if there is data:
not, that means that the data export never took place.
npo\found\eAdvisor\FTP- This is the 2nd part of the upload process. This is the FTP log that will document whether or not the files were actually uploaded into Donor Central. Look for the latest log file and open it to see
the results. It will be named in this format: DC_Transfer_2010_11_29.log where the date is the date where the FTP process ran. If the task was successful it will say DC Transfer Complete at the end of the log and there
should be no errors. Note that it usually takes about 90 minutes for data to be seen on the Donor Central site.
2. Check the history of the scheduled task on the server and see if it ran successfully or if there were errors when it ran. You can also run the scheduled task on demand and see if it produces results as noted above in the
History and FTP folders. If there are errors in the history of the scheduled task, or if the task runs but produces no results, contact FIMS support and also potentially your IT staff as well.