In The Raiser's Edge:
- Research the ZIP codes or Postal codes around the desired one(s).
- Create the queries on for the desired codes.
In The Raiser's Edge and Raiser's Edge NXT:
- Optionally in the Database view, create and save a static constituent query of the possible records to review in Raiser's Edge NXT Lists. (Keep this query broad as it is to help save processing time in the Web view. Records can be reviewed in step 11.)
- In the Web view, go to Lists > Constituents and start a new list (using the saved query from step 1 if created).
- After the list generates, switch to the Map View in the upper right clicking on the button.
- Click on Select map filter in top left of map.
- Draw a box of the area that you'd like to include in the list.
- Switch back to the List View clicking on the button in the upper right to review the results.
- If needed to alter results, click the Map View button in the upper right to return to the map, click Clear map filter in the upper left, click Select map filter in the upper left, and draw another box of the desired area. (Note: Only one map filter / map area per list can be included.)
- Optionally, click the Blue funnel tab on the right to use additional Raiser's Edge NXT List filters to refine the results.
- When results are satisfactory, click Save in the upper left and select 'in web view as filters' to save the list in the NXT Web view.
- Click Save again and select either 'In database view as a static query' (creates a static constituent query) or 'In database view as a query list' (creates a Query List that is easier to massage if further review is needed).
- Return to the Database view to Query to find the saved query / Query List from step 10 in the NXT Lists Query Category (folder).