For example, you need to enter José into the firstname field:
- Click the Start button in Windows and start typing "character map" and when it appears as a choice ( every Windows computer has this application), select it.
- A window like this will appear(without the pop-up letter though)
- You can choose to click the character and after clicking Select it will display in the Characters to copy field.
- Click Copy to add it to your paste buffer
- Navigate to FIMS and paste it into your field.
- Optionally, you can see that an Alt+0233 will also insert it (but you must use the numeric keypad)
To use Alt key codes, ensure that “Num Lock” is on — you may need to tap the Num Lock key to turn it on. Next, press the Alt key and hold it down. Tap the appropriate numbers using the number pad at the right side of your keyboard and then release the Alt key.