Note: In order to install the 14.60 patch 1, you must be on FIMS 14.60. The 14.60 patch 1 includes all of the fixes that were released for previous 14.60 patches.
- Download the patch file from the Blackbaud.com downloads page.
- Copy the FIMS Patch file to FIMS subfolder on the server or workstation on which the patch is being installed:
- Server Location: X:\npo\found\FIMS (X refers to the letter of the drive that you actually have FIMS installed.)
- Workstation location: N:\found\FIMS
- Log in to FIMS.
- Open Tools > System Utilities > FIMS Update and Patch Utility.
- Click Browse and select the patch file.
- Click Open to display the patch notes.
- Begin the process by clicking Install.
- When complete, a FIMS EMail prompt with Update Complete will pop-up, click Cancel.
- Log in to FIMS and Select Help > About FIMS.
- Click on the button "Patch Level".
- The patch you just applied should be listed at the top. Click ok and ok.
Single-User Mode Error Troubleshooting
If you are a single user, you may get an error during the installation that says something like “database found is in use in single-user mode” (your exact message may be different but single-user mode will be part of it).
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- Press OK and let the installation process complete.
- Once it is completed, you will need to run the FIMS compiler before you use any of the patched programs. To do this, follow these steps.
- From the main FIMS screen, select Tools > System Utilities > Admin Utilities > FIMS Compiler.
- Press the Compile button.
- You will see a scrolling area of programs being compiled. When it completes, you will get a dialog box that says something like this (number of programs may vary):
- Press OK.