Before beginning, ensure all users are logged off and all instances of FIMS are closed meaning that FIMS is not open on any machine, however, the database still needs to be running.
- Extract the zip file and run the setup1Xxx.exe file to begin the installation.
- You will get a screen that looks like this.
- Press Next to continue.
- The FIMS installer will try to find where FIMS is currently installed and display that directory. If necessary, click Change to manually select a different location.
- Next, you will see the Progress bin directory window which should pre-populate with the correct path to the DLC subfolder. If necessary, click Change to manually select a different location.
- Click Next.
- On the Setup Type screen, select which type of install is desired.
The only difference between the three options is the backup process. Everything else installs the same.
- Typical: Backup database and FIMS directory
- Minimal: Do not backup either
- Custom: Choose one or both to backup
- Click Next to continue.
Clicking OK here will roll back the changes and take you to a Finish screen. The upgrade will not be installed and you will need to rerun the setup file.
- At the Ready to Install the Program screen.
- Click Install and the setup will begin backing up your FIMS directory. Depending on the size of your directory, it may take a few minutes.
- When the backup is complete, a status screen will be displayed with the progress bar.
- Additional black screens may pop up, such as the one below, as the process continues.
- After the files finish copying, you will see a screen that looks like this. Click on the database you wish to update and click Select.
- You should now see a screen that looks similar to this (your version number may be different).
- Click the Yes button and wait for the screens to finish. This is updating the FIMS programs and applying all changes to the database.
- If you see the screen below, press the space bar and allow the window to close.
- After FIMS is updated, if you have multiple databases, you will see the screen below. Click on Yes to be brought back to step 13 above so that you can choose the next database to update.
NOTE: Choosing No may require FIMS Support to help update the additional databases in the future.
- When complete, a FIMS EMail screen with ‘Update Complete!’ will pop-up. Click Cancel.
- The Upgrade is complete, click Finish.
Updating Test & Learn Databases
- Double click the "Copy Live to Demo" shortcut on the FIMS server desktop.
- You may need to type in "Y" at a confirmation prompt and press Enter.
- The DOS window will automatically close when finished.
- This should have successfully updated the Test & Learn Database (also known as Demo)