Using Total Points with Weight, the grades a student earns is totaled up by each Assignment Type. If a student's cumulative grade increases, the newly entered grade my have raised their average for a specific Assignment Type. To verify the grades in each specific category for a student:
- Open the Grade Book for the class to verify
- Click on the student's name
- Scroll to the section(s) for the the affected assignment type.
- Calculate the grades both before and after.
- An increase to this (when using weight) would cause an increase to the overall grade.
- The change may be larger due to a higher number of points being assigned.