To run the script utility, follow these steps:
- Copy the GFWDoSQL.ini file you received to the folder (directory) where the “GIFTS” based application is installed.
For example, if your installation is a network installation and the application is installed on N:\CorporateApps\GIFTS then this is where the gfwdosql.ini should be copied to. If your installation is on a local workstation, typically, the folder would be C:\GIFTS\
If a file by that name already exist, overwrite it.
One way you can tell the file is copied to the correct location is to look for an executable file named GfwDoSql.exe (this is the program that will execute the queries.)
- Back up your “GIFTS” based database – this is a precautionary measure.
- Ensure no user is accessing the system.
- Using Windows Explorer navigate to the folder where the “GIFTS” based application is installed (the folder where the GfwDoSql.exe resides.)
- Double-click the GfwDoSql.exe executable.
A Process Monitor window will open up and will display the queries that run until all queries were complete.
If any errors were displayed, save the errors and send these to MicroEdge. This image displays a successful run:
- Dismiss the Process Monitor by clicking the OK button.