1. From your Dashboard, click Full Search at the top-middle of your screen
2. From the Record Types list to the left of the Full Search window, highlight the record type of your choice
3. Build your search using filters or Advanced search statements as you see fit from the Full Search
4. When your results appear, click the folder icon at the bottom-middle of the screen next to where it says 'View'
5. Here, you can mix and match columns as you please. At top left you can select the Record Type and all the subsequent columns/fields from that record type. Please note that there are some restrictions.
6. Your View should now display your report results in the workspace with the columns of your choice