Option 1: Daily Reservation Report
The Daily Reservation Report provides information about each group visiting your organization on a specific date. The report includes the name of the reservation, the total number of visitors, the arrival time, contact information, number of buses, and the arrival notes entered on the reservation.
- To access the report, click Tickets on the top blue navigation bar.
- Under Reports, click Daily Reservation
- Select your date range and click View Report.
If you need additional information, you can also build a custom query of this information. Here are instructions on how to build a common query:
- Go to Analysis > Information Library
- Click Add an ad-hoc query
- Select the Record Type of Reservation and click the the source view Group Sales Reservations. Click Ok. The New Ad-hoc Query screen will pop.
- First, we will find the groups arriving during your date range. From the middle column, drag Arrival date to Include Records Where. Set this to be equal to your date range. For example: Arrival date is equal to this week.
- Optional: If you would like to eliminate any cancelled groups from your query, in the left column, highlight Order. In the middle column, drag Sales order status to Include records where. Set this to be not equal to Cancelled.
- Next, you can add details about each group that you'd like to view by dragging the correct fields into the Results fields to display box. Here are a few common suggestions:
- To view the Arrival Date and Time, highlight Group Sales Reservations at the very top of the left column. Drag Arrival Date and/or Arrival Time to Results fields to display.
- To view any Important Notes entered on the reservation, with Group Sales Reservations highlighted at the very top, from the middle column drag Important Notes to Results fields to display.
- To display the name of the group contact, highlight Contact in the left column. From the middle column, drag Name to Results fields to display.
- To display the name of the patron, in the left column, expand Order and highlight Constituent. From the middle column, drag Name to Results fields to display.
- To view the group type, in the left column highlight Itineraries. From the middle column, drag Group Type to Results fields to display.
- To view the number and types of visitors, expand the Itineraries node on the left and highlight Attendees. From the middle column, drag Quantity and Price Type to Results fields to display.
- To view details about the item's on the group's itinerary, beneath Itineraries highlight Items. From the middle column, drag fields like Name and/or Type to display the name of the activity/type of item (Daily Admission program, Scheduled Event, or Custom Item). To view the start times and end times of all of the items, drag Start Time and End Time from the middle column to Results fields to display.
- To view information about volunteer staffing resources, follow these steps. Note these steps are different depending on where you have your staffing resources scheduled:
- If your staffing resources are scheduled on the itinerary (you will see the resource when you click the itinerary name on the reservation and go to the Resources tab), expand Itineraries in the left and highlight Staffing Resources directly beneath it. From the middle column, drag Job name to Results fields to display to display the name of the job being performed (for example: Tour Guide or Docent). Next, expand Staffing Resources, expand Job Occurrence, expand Assignments, then highlight Volunteer. From the middle column, drag Name to Results fields to display to see the name of the volunteer assigned to that job. Here is how the fields will look in your query:
- If your staffing resources are scheduled on a program or an item on the itinerary (you will not see the resource on the Staffing Resources tab on the itinerary, but instead you will see it with the items on the schedule), expand Items beneath Itineraries. Next, highlight Staffing Resources. From the middle column, drag Job Name to Results fields to display to see the job being performed. Next, to see who is assigned to the job, expand Staffing Resources, then expand Job occurrence. Next, expand Assignments and highlight Volunteer. From the middle column, drag Name to Results fields to display. Here is an example of how those fields will look in your query:
- Note: If you have staff (not volunteers), scheduled to fill these jobs, you will not be able to output the assignment in query. For more information please view our related solution: Cannot query on staffing resources filled by staff
- Here is an example of a query that uses all of the above fields. You can also click the pencil button above Results fields to display to rename any fields if desired:
- Once your query is complete, on the Set save options tab, save your query so you can access it later.
- Click Save and close.