- If you haven't used the OData feature in your database before, ensure you have configured OData in your system. How to configure OData
- Next, form an Altru query, click Get OData Link and copy the link provided. For more information, view our related solution: How to generate the OData link
- Once your link is copied, open Microsoft Power BI.
- Click Get Data and click OData Feed
- Next, ensure Basic is selected and paste the link you copied in Step 2 in the URL field. Click OK:
- When the next screen pops, select Basic on the left. Under Username, enter BLACKBAUDHOST\ and your Altru username (in this example, the username is RachelNi5740, so it should be entered as "BLACKBAUDHOST\RachelNi5740.") Under Password, enter your Altru password. Under Select which level to apply these settings to, you can select to apply these credentials to the specific query by choosing the longer link or choose to apply these credentials to any query from your database by selecting the shorter link. Click Connect:
- On the next screen, you will see a preview of your data. Click Load to complete creating the connection.
- Repeat Steps 1-7 to load additional queries into your Power BI dashboard if desired.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.